Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chulhu Related – A Graphophone Cylinder Recording

I posted this video a year ago on YouTube and thought it might be time to post it on my blog too. I have always enjoyed graphophones and had one years back.

Several years ago I heard I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog Sothoth at a CoastCon science fiction convention, and got a big kick out the piece. I also have an interest in early record players and music, so it all fell together into a youtube video with a steampunk and lighthearted horror flare. The great Graphophone video came from InsulaBarataria and his FONOGRAFO THOMAS EDISON 1898. I recommend his channel for lovers of arcane record players and music. The song was sung by Lance J. Holt in association with the HP Lovecraft Historical Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment